Infant/Toddler Program (6 weeks – 2 years)
Our Infant/Toddler program incorporates curriculums, which offer learning experiences that focus on the prime areas of development for infants and toddlers. Weekly themes provide activities that support language enrichment, cognitive development, sensory experiences, fine and gross motor skills development, social-emotional development, and physical development. Our weekly themes include cognitive development activities that are designated for problem-solving. In addition, your child will participate in art, story, and music activities, as well as learn basic Sign language to help with early communication.
We believe that a loving and nurturing environment is the key to your child’s development. It is so exciting and fun to see infants grow to develop a strong sense of self and create bonds with their peers in the classroom.
Our infant room teachers encourages social-emotional development through personal interaction and sensory awareness. Our main focus is to provide safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which to grow and learn. Through a structured environment, infants will become equipped with the necessary tools that they need to enter into the toddler room.
Our program ensures all infants receive nurturing care and personal attention, while our curriculum helps them achieve each developmental milestone. Through play, babies learn about themselves and their place in the world, develop and practice social and language skills, expand their physical skills and think creatively. Lesson plans are focused on areas of language and communication, small motor skills, gross motor skills, emotional development and cognitive development.
- The environment is safe and clean, allowing the infants to move and explore freely
- Assessments are given to track developmental benchmarks and track infant progress
- Daily reports are given to keep parents informed each afternoon — they include times of diaper changes, feeding, naps and general comments
- Photos are taken for parents a special times throughout the year.
- Language Development through teachers daily interactions and book readings
- Baby Sign Language Development encourages early communication
- Fine and Gross Motor Skill Development
- Multi-sensory art activities
- Play time with climbers and toys for exploration in a safe environment.
- Outside time is provided for additional stimulation to the world around them
*Minor variations between the two locations.